Etsy Shop Listings

Society6 Listings

Sunday, April 10, 2011

seriously?

Today I was stalking facebook as usual and I noticed a post from artist whom I "like".  She's from the same town and her work is similar to mine.  Today's post was even more similar to my work. So I decided to check out her etsy page and DAMN IT, we do the same freakin' stuff!! We even use the same chiyogami papers!!! 
Yes, I know what I do is done by a hundred other people. BUT this person lives in the same town, which means she enters the same shows I do!! DAMN IT!!  (I'm so upset..I don't even say damn it).  I was already "rejected" by one craft show this spring and I'm waiting patiently to hear about another!!

So again I'm on the look out for something more original. I would still like to work with resin and the chiyogami papers. It's fun and I think, kinda beautiful.  Maybe I need to fancy things up a bit?

I'm gonna open myself up to other peoples ideas since apparently I'm not creative enough to figure this out. I'm gonna channel Warhol who never had an original idea either!

No comments:

Post a Comment