Etsy Shop Listings

Society6 Listings

Saturday, September 1, 2012

A New Painting

About a month ago I was speaking to someone about my desire to paint again and how I don't really have the space or the time. She suggested I make finding the space and the time a priority.

So like all new ideas I come across, I obsessed about it.

I posted on Facebook about wanting to find a studio to rent and was contacted by a fellow artist friend. She was also interested in finding a space.  1 day later we viewed a studio space and signed a lease on the spot!!

I can't even begin to explain to you the excitement I felt knowing that I finally had my OWN space!
A place to hid and create. A place of my OWN. All mine. Me.
No more excuses. 

Awesomeness...

Yea well now I'm dealing with finding the time....
Stupid life getting in the way.

Anyway... now for the subject of the post.

As you know if you've read my previous post, I'm in love with interesting looking and pretty people.
I can't help it.
So I thought I'd paint a picture of a woman.
Nothing deeper then a pretty picture.  My art is not intellectual.  I just like pretty things.

Here she is in progress:



and a close up:



I'd say she's about 1/2 done.

Of course I'm struggling with my old enemy Insecurity.  I question my talent. I'm trying to remind myself I'm painting for ME. No one else.  But I worry I'm no good... Nevermind that I enjoy painting....

I hope to finish within a month and will post the finish project.

If you feel the need to comment, make it something constructive. If you're cruel, I'll hunt you down and punch you.  I'm incredibly scary in person (said no one ever who's ever actually met me...)

No comments:

Post a Comment